If you are looking to put forth a website in order to promote your venture, you would definitely be on a lookout for the best web hosting service out there. It is an integral part which forms the fundamental base of your website. A callous selection of any web hosting service without conducting the necessary research can be highly damaging to your website venture because :-
- It can result in severe decline of the revenue generated by your venture website.
- Your SEO rankings can decline considerably.
- Third-party attacks can greatly compromise the security of your website if you go with a vague web hosting service.
In this article, we would be providing a detailed comparative analysis of the HostGator web-hosting service with the other services such as WP Engine, Synthesis, \ and more.
HostGator vs WP Engine
- History – HostGator is a web hosting service which offers you shared and dedicated web hosting options. It employs more than 7000 servers as of now. On the other hand, WP Engine is a dedicated web hosting premium service which focuses primarily on the word-press platform.
- Up-time – When it comes to comparing web-hosting services on the basis of their up-time, which implies the duration of uninterrupted dedicated service a web hosting company can offer to its client, it’s really hard to choose between the two. Both, HostGator and WP Engine offered an average 6-month uptime of approximately 99.99 per cent(as per a survey which analyzed results tested for 10 sites around the world) which is quite distinguishing for a web hosting service.
- Speed Test – It is really important because a high speed-providing web-hosting service greatly determines the revenue per user, the click counts and the satisfied user per that website. Results show that average speed of website running on HostGator is 1.25 seconds whereas that on WP Engine is roughly 1.3 seconds which implies how fast HostGator is.
- Server Response Time – Server response time of HostGator is also less than those at websites which use the WP Engine. There is roughly a 10 ms time lapse between the two which once again shows, how efficient HostGator is.
Thus, a comparison between the HostGator and the WPEngine hosting service shows that the HostGator service is clearly more preferred by the users and it should be because it passes all benchmarks and offers great service.
Now, let us look at the comparison between the HostGator and GoDaddy, pressly as well as Synthesis web hosting service :-
- Firstly, when it comes to price, the results are very straightforward and decisive. The HostGator web hosting service offers a plan of 3.96$ per month whereas the GoDaddy and the other two at approximately 5$ per month. The HostGator clearly wins this one!
- When it comes to plan type or bandwidth, there’s a tie here. Both the sides, namely the HostGator on side and the rest of the three(GoDaddy, Pressly and Synthesis) offer monthly as well as yearly plans and unlimited bandwidth.
- Disk Space provided by the HostGator services is unlimited whereas the Syntesis and other two services services provide only approximately 100 GB of that. The HostGator wins here too.
- Account setup – With HostGator your account gets set up right away, whereas with Pressly and other web services(GoDaddy and Synthesis) it takes anything from an hour to a day for your account to get approved and go live.
Thus, between Go-daddy/Pressly/Synthesis and HostGator, HostGator most definitely hits home and takes the trophy.
So, now when you are thinking of putting up a website in order to give your business venture an impetus, you know which web hosting service to use, right?
We hope we made your life easy. Stay tuned for more!