YouTube has considerably changed the online video sharing world forever. So much so that we can no longer picture the world without this kind of website available for free. Not only can you watch an endless amount of videos online, but there is also the great added bonus of posting videos yourself, which can open up a whole new world of possibilities.
An easy way to express yourself
Filming and editing may be a good hobby to take up. It can bring some important advantages to your life, that you might have never considered.
Pros of video making
- Filming and editing is simple. There is no easier hobby out there nowadays. This is all thanks to a large variety of devices, tools and applications, available for anyone to use. Depending on their skill level and preferences, anyone can find the perfect program out there to suit their individual needs.
- Thinking up how a film will look has great potential to stimulate your brain and help you tap into some possibly undiscovered talent. Let your ideas run wild and see how they take form in your videos.
- The filming process itself can be great for increasing your creativity skills. You have to consider which angles to approach and what lighting would be best suited for the scene you are about to capture.
- Not having any professional skills can work to your advantage when attempting to make videos. This is because it may allow you to invent an entirely original and impressive idea, that has never been considered or approached before. This is not to say you should make this your main focus. Simply let your creativity, ideas, opinions, and ultimately your unique personality and point of view shine through.
- Making a film teaches you perseverance. Nobody was born ready to take on professional projects right off the bat. You first have to make mistakes and experience different versions of your work in order to evolve and grow your skill
set. Quality is bound to be low at first, but not giving up will ultimately pay off in the end.
Use online tools for better time-management
The ease of converting videos
While browsing YouTube or Vimeo, you might have come across some clips that are better than others. These videos might fit into your own project, either in an educational way, or simply to highlight a point or an idea. In case you want to use these videos or include snippets in your own projects, there is a way to do that without wasting much time. Once you have opened the wanted video in your browser,
1. Select and copy the URL of the video
2. Paste the link into the search box found on Videoconvert.com
3. Choose an audio or video format compatible with your needs
4. Press the Convert now button
5. The file is ready to download. Just press the Download button to transfer the file to
Alternatively, you could trim the clip by using the Advanced options. Select the starting and finishing time of the video and then download the clip by following the same procedure.
Improving features for better results
It is amazing what imaginative humans can come up with when wishing to enhance their work and bring more versatility to the table. This kind of 5 step procedure is becoming more and more effective as time goes on. You can find a considerable assortment of free online tools with simple functionalities. This kind of application will probably, someday, replace the need for more complex programs altogether. Until then, however, anyone is free to join in the fun of film-making, thanks to the simple complexity of the Internet.