As the number of users of CBD products is increasing, so is the legality of CBD products in many countries. People are becoming aware of CBD products and their pros and cons. The 2018 Farm Bill made massive growth in the legalization of CBD products since it removed hemp from The Controlled Substance Act. Thanks to this, now CBD can be legally grown in the soil of The United States.
While Internal and unseen competition is going on among the CBD products, CBD vaping is becoming trendy. People are finding them easier to use. There is a vast range of the best CBD vape pens available in the market.
As Canada has made some changes in its laws regarding Cannabis, it’s becoming way more interesting to know whether Cannabis vaping is legal in Toronto or not? Well, this article has the answers to all your questions regarding Cannabis vaping in Toronto. So let’s begin-
What is CBD?
Before starting with the topic, let’s discuss CBD to have a greater understanding of the topic. Well, Cannabidiol which is better known as CBD, is an active compound found in Cannabis or hemp plant. It’s a non-impairing and intoxicating compound. CBD contributes to most of its therapeutic and other health benefits, which have made it a popular wellness product.
While using CBD, you don’t need to worry about getting high because it happens due to another psychoactive compound found in the plant called THC and not CBD. CBD is available in numerous forms like oils and tinctures, capsules and pills, creams and lotion, edibles, vaping, etc. Among these forms, CBD vaping has increased in popularity over the last few years. According to Fortune Business Insights™, the global CBD oil market size was valued at USD 2.19 billion in 2019 and is projected to reach USD 39.99 billion by 2027, exhibiting a CAGR of 46.4% during the forecast period.
What is CBD Vape Oil?
The main component of CBD vaping is CBD vape oil. Also known as CBD vape juice, CBD vape oil is CBD oil mixed with a carrier liquid. Generally, people use this oil in a vape pen. The youth generation especially is liking this form of CBD. Similarly to CBD oil, it comes in the mentioned types:
- CBD isolate: This type of CBD vape oil contains only CBD in its purest form.
- Broad-Spectrum: This type of CBD vape oil consists of CBD and other cannabinoids present in the plant. Broad-spectrum CBD contains no THC. Thus, it will not produce any unwanted high effect.
- Full-Spectrum: This type of CBD vape oil is CBD, some THC, and other beneficial cannabinoids present in the Cannabis Sativa plant.
Benefits of Using CBD Vape Oil-
Now that we know about CBD vape oil, let’s take a closer look at what benefits does CBD vape oil offers to its users:
- It can treat two types of Diabetes.
- It may cure the side effects of Chemotherapy.
- It can be helpful for people with epilepsy.
- It can help to get rid of anxiety and insomnia.
- It has antioxidant and neuroprotective effects.
Thus, CBD vape juice may come with various health benefits as it contains anti-inflammatory properties, sleep-inducing properties, and much more to offer to its users.
Is Cannabis Vaping Legal in Toronto?
Toronto comes under the provincial Smoke-free Ontario Act, 2017, which regulates the sale and the use of cannabis and vapor products in Ontario. This act started to function on October 17, 2018, in the form of the Cannabis Act. It regulates a new, strict framework for controlling Cannabis in Canada through its-
The main motto of the Cannabis Act is to prevent youth from accessing Cannabis and combat the illegal cannabis market in Canada. It establishes severe criminal penalties against its violators.
According to Fortune Business Insights™, the global CBD oil market size was valued at USD 2.19 billion in 2019 and is projected to reach USD 39.99 billion by 2027, exhibiting a CAGR of 46.4% during the forecast period.
The terms of the Cannabis Act includes-
- Minimum age of 19-
To use, possess, and grow Cannabis for vaping or any other purpose in Ontario, you must be 19 and older.
- Where can you vape Cannabis?
- Private residences- this includes all the personal residences except for ones that are also workplaces (for example, long-term care and retirement homes).
- Outdoor public places- this involves many outdoor public places like parks and sidewalks.
- Designated smoking guest rooms- this includes the guest rooms specially designed for smoking in hotels, motels, inns, etc.
- Residential vehicles and boats- all the residential vehicles that are not used for public transportation and meet specific criteria are included.
- For research and testing facilities- you can vape Cannabis or weed if used for scientific research and testing purposes.
- In some controlled areas- this involves some controlled areas in residential hospices, provincially-funded supportive housing, designated psychiatric facilities or veterans’ facilities, etc.
- Where can you not vape Cannabis?
- Places where children gather- you can’t vape Cannabis:
- at schools or school grounds and all the public places within 20 meters of these places.
- at children’s park or playground and the public areas within 20 meters of these playgrounds.
- in child care centers or where an early age program is held.
- in places where home child care service is provided, even if the children are not present.
- Indoors- vaping Cannabis is not allowed in:
- indoor common areas, including condos, apartment buildings, and university or college residences.
- enclosed public places and workplaces.
- guest rooms in hotels, motels, and inns that are not designated for smoking or vaping purposes.
- Hospitals, hospices, care homes, and other facilities- you cannot vape Cannabis:
- within 9 meters of any entry or exit of a public or private hospital, psychiatric facility, long-term care home, independent health facility.
- on outdoor grounds nearby these places.
- in non-controlled areas, including certain retirement homes, residential hospices, etc.
- Publicly owned places- vaping is not allowed in publicly-owned sports fields (except for golf courses), nearby spectator areas, and public areas within 20 meters of these areas.
- In vehicles and boats that need to be driven
- And in many other outdoor areas
The bottom line
So, with the terms mentioned above, it’s pretty clear that Cannabis vaping is legal in Toronto, but partially, there are specific rules and regulations to be followed while vaping Cannabis. You’re only able to have a maximum of 30 grams of dried Cannabis in public at any time while keeping in mind the terms of the law. Whether you’re a resident or a traveler, the law will get implied upon you across the Canadian border.