Your writing skills can take you places. As a student, a great essay can mean many academic avenues can open up for you. And as a blogger, it can mean wide exposure and opportunities to increase your revenues. So how do you turn your creative writing skills into a blog and monetize it to generate some respectable revenues?
Start by Creating a Blog
The first step is to create your own blog (that is if you already don’t have one). Make sure to choose a niche that is of great interest to you and where you can create new content without any delays. It should be a niche where you have excellent prospects of making money.
Once you have a topic in mind, choosing a web host and creating your blog is a simple task.
Create High-Quality Content
Blogging isn’t about creating tons of content. It is about quality meeting usefulness. Create high-quality content that is of great value to your targeted audience, and you would have created the perfect recipe for success.
- Avoid creating thin content
- It should cover the topic thoroughly. Make it as informative as possible (and driven towards the goal you have with regard to monetizing)
These are rules almost similar to those that apply to essay writing. Be as detailed as you can and make the user the highest quality standards are maintained in writing. Quality not only refers to the grammatical aspects of your content, but also to uniqueness.
How to Monetize your Blog?
There are many different ways in which you can monetize your blog. Some of the most effective methods are as follows:
- Sponsorships: Depending on your niche, you can approach businesses for sponsoring their products or services on your blog. This strategy is better to approach once your blog has started generating a decent amount of traffic. Make sure to be transparent about sponsored posts with your readers by clearly mentioning that the posts are sponsored and not organic. Once your blog starts generating a large volume of traffic, you will be surprised how more and more businesses would be interested in sponsored blog posts.
- Affiliate Marketing: Affiliate marketing is a simple strategy to monetize your blog. It is recommended to choose and promote products your blog’s niche matches with. So if your blog is about fitness, you can sell health and fitness products and generate handsome commissions on each sale originating out of your blog.
- PPC: Once your blog starts generating a good volume of traffic, you should be able to generate decent amounts of revenue by signing-up for a PPC program such as Google AdSense.
- Selling eBooks: If you have in-depth knowledge in a specific field, you can also create and sell eBooks through your blog. It could be about a skill that most people have difficulty developing.
- Sell Online Courses: Another strategy to monetize your blog is to sell online courses. Create intuitive courses which are of great help to your target audience and promote them through your blog. There are so many topics where people need to develop their technical skills, including digital marketing, website development, graphic designing, or on topics like financial accounting, stocks, and much more.
- Provide Coaching Services: You may even promote or provide your coaching services through your blog. You can be a coach in career, business development, health and fitness, in a specific academic stream, or you may even promote yourself as a life coach.
Thus, there are many ways in which you can monetize your blog. Make sure to create a blog in a niche that you are interested in. This further ensures that you will never run out of steam when it comes to maintaining your blog.