Success is what everyone dreams of in life, be it a choice or a dream come true. For some, they choose to be successful, and by sheer determination and commitment–attain their goals. How the fortunate ones did it… is anyone’s guess! Somehow, nobody wants to be left behind, for sure.
Now, if you had a choice, would you want success to slip from your grip? Aha, not me! I would rather cling on to it, like a “drowning man cling on to a straw”. That much would I value it, but how would you measure success in life? Hmmm… seems like a real challenge, right?
Many have tried and many too have failed, for the same reasons that they are not committed enough; nor have they persevered long enough to achieve it–at all costs. Like the adage goes, “Faint heart wins no fair lady”, so likewise, no hungry heart that hungers and thirsts for success–can have its appetite satisfied. Are you hungry enough for success?
How is success measured? Are there any known traits that every successful person share? Let me share them here with you… if not all, then some.
- Think positive – Positive thoughts together with a positive attitude, will eventually lead to success. So, always think positively!
- Know when to stay and when to leave – Successful people know precisely when to switch jobs, perhaps even be bold to start a company of their own. Having good intuition, they have no second thoughts of taking risks and making hard choices, despite having opposing or negative forces.
- Never one to be calculative, rather do more than what is expected of you. After completing the mandatory tasks, do review your Job descriptions. Request for more projects that are challenging if you could–not minding them at all!
- Be willing to “Fall” in order to rise up again – Always be willing to learn from each failure, in order to learn from it, as better decisions will lead to success.
- Position yourself for success – Not all the time you are lucky, and only successful people know it. Has it cross your mind that luck is derived from one’s diligence and hard work? Better still, learn to strike when the iron is hot!
- Set your goals that you can really accomplish – Be realistic and know that you plan to fail, when you fail to plan! This is what successful people is all about and what sets them apart. Before waking up, they would have already planned their day ahead. Being very focused, they aligned to their strengths. For certain, they know what they are capable of and will spare no effort to invest in them.
- Accountability and actions – You must be accountable to take actions at all times. Never rely on others, you must get your job done without delay. Always find Solutions by looking inward, while you leverage your current assets. If ever mistakes were made, take responsibility and without hesitation, think of ways to rectify them–so that mistakes are not repeated.
- Make waves by making changes – Be the one to make things happen and create trends… not the one affected by changes.
- Be able to adjust positively to changes in the Marketplace – In the business world, you have to stay relevant and be willing to reinvent yourself. Understand that you cannot afford to be stagnant and simply ignore trends, else you will be left behind. Imagination is what it takes to create new ideas and search for the next “Big thing” that requires new skills and technologies.
- Communicate effectively – If you were unable to communicate and get your message across to your customers, you are more likely to lose out to others who can. Thus, learn to be confident and persuasive then communicate and express yourself concisely as well as effectively.
- Willing to be a lifelong learner – Be like students who push themselves out of their comfort zones, to learn new things and technology. Never be afraid of new experiences and trying out new activities, even if you don’t know how.
- Be confident and know who you are, as well as know your place in marketworld. Know where you stand and how to lead. Have your own Vision and a Mission to achieve, as well as seek out to measure your own success in life. Don’t just waste time on something you are not good at.
Success means being focused on the Big picture and how to get there, despite the obstacles. When the going gets tough, successful people keep going. They never quit–riding the storm and rising to the challenge! So, are you excited about going on this journey than on its payout?