What is Domain Authority Checker?
The concept of “Domain Authority Checker” was initiated by Moz from SaaS Company. Domain authority works as a tool to measure the ranking of a website, simply. The tool has a basic rating scale beginning from 1 and ending till 100. 1 is given the value of achieving the poorest score, while 100 means that the website has the highest score. The values are then rated according to the position a website has received. For example, if a website receives a score that is closer to 1 then it means it is on the weaker side. On the other hand, the closer the ranking of a website is towards 100, the stronger the ranking of the website might be.
Domain Authority or DA is closely linked to Search Engine Optimization or SEO ranking. The higher the ranking of the DA is for a site, the higher SEO score it will receive.
How does the Domain Authority Checker work?
The main reasons that affect the DA score of a website depend upon the quality of the content and how attractive the content might be for the visitors and users. The DA checker measures the ranking of the website and assigns it a score. DA checker requires two main elements:
- the URL of the site,
- the content of the site.
In order to check the DA of a site, Enter the URL into the input box and Click Enter/Go Fetch! The checker will then generate the DA score within a matter of minutes.
How is the Domain Authority calculated?
Moz used a number of factors to calculate the DA of the websites. Below are some of the major factors that are important in calculating the DA score of a website.
- Age: Age of the website does not necessarily mean the date when the website was published. Age refers to the last recorded time when the website was searched or visited by a user.
- Links: It refers to the number of links that navigate the website
- Content: The rating of the website also depends on the quality of the information and content on the webpage. Elements such as plagiarism, grammatical errors, mistakes in spellings, sentence structures etc play a role in the ranking and process of rating.
- Speed: The element of speed is not given much attention, but the time it takes for a website to load might affect the ranking and the number of visitors on the site.
- Design: A good structure of the website indicates that it is compatible with different mediums and technological devices. The more there are avenues to access a website, the higher the ranking it can achieve.
- Social recognition: The popularity of a site on other social media platforms is also an indicator of a higher ranking. The more the content and the web pages of a site are shared on social media sites, the higher the chances to achieve a good ranking.
In order to increase the rating of the site, it is important to improve the standards of the site by concentrating on the features mentioned above. The users can refer to the basic Domain authority checker tools to see their score. Some of the most convenient DA tools are: